This FAQ article is in two parts. This week we will examine the basics of how graphics work. Next week we will focus on how to
setup resources and masters within your ProfitMaker program. The complete description is available online here.
Graphics Tab Overview
The Graphic Tab screen in the order entry program contains a drive/path/filename location of order documents, e-mail attachments, an
order artwork graphics file and, for each line item, up to 3 different artwork graphics files. Any of these files may be viewed using the View button.
- Order Documents: Rather than storing paperwork in a file, you can store them electronically. This allows your staff to share information more efficiently. This may include graphic files, scanned documents (for example, original written order by salesperson), email correspondence, etc.
- E-mail attachments: Allows you to attach files/documents to be e-mailed relating to the order for the customer acknowledgment or vendor purchase order. This may include graphic files, scanned documents, etc.
- Order Artwork Graphic: The artwork graphic associated with the order.
- Item Artwork Graphics: The artwork graphic associated with a specific line item.
Note: When you repeat an order that has order documents, the order entry screens will ask if you want to repeat the order documents. If there were
artwork graphics or line items for the previous order, then those graphics will be on the new order.
Order Documents (Electronic Document Imaging)
These order documents are stored in a folder named ORD followed by the order number. The first time you store a file to an order, an order folder
will be created for that order . These order folders are stored in a subdirectory of the Order Documents Path you have setup through Order Documents Path
Maintenance. The file path location is listed at the top of Order Entry's Order Documents window.
Order Documents Path Maintenance
These steps need to be completed before utilizing the Order Documents in Order Entry.
An order document path must be setup through the Order Documents Path Maintenance. This maintenance option is used to setup the
folder location for the order document folders that are created when you add a file(s) to an order (Order Documents Path).
- Graphic Menu: Customers-Templates-Order Documents Paths
- Tree View Menu: Master/Codes-Maintenance-Quotes/Orders/Billing-Order Documents Path
At least one order documents path must be setup before files (order documents) may be added to an order.
You may need to add a new document path record if one doesn't exist. These fields are available:
- Begin Order # and End Ord # define the beginning and ending numbers assigned to this path/folder location. If only one location is being added, then the range would be 1 through 99999999. Additional order number ranges may be added at a later time.
- Documents Path is the path (drive/folder) location where order document folders should be created and order documents stored. This path does not have to exist prior to assigning it to a range of order numbers. It may be created when adding the documents path.
Note: Be sure this is a network drive that is commonly mapped for all users that will access this path. It is important that you include this directory in your daily backup.
If your order documents path is F:\ORDDOC, and you add order documents for order number 1000, the files added would automatically be added to the folder F:\ORDDOC\ORD1000.
If no drive is specified and the path is just entered as ORDDOC, then the program creates ORDDOC as a sub-directory of your program directory, and
so would typically create your order folders in F:\ASICS\ASIPM\ORDDOC.
The Order Documents Path(s) set up through this maintenance option allows you to setup a different directory for certain ranges of order numbers. This may
be useful if in the future the initial order folder directory gets too large and you wish to start storing documents in a different directory.
This article is the first of two parts. See your ProfitShield email next week for Part 2.