|By Jerry Boland |
The Business Intelligence Reports are a new feature for ProfitMaker. These reports are targeted at owners and managers. These reports are intended to provide key performance indicators that can be used to adjust business practices in order to better manage internal operations towards more efficient use of resources.
The reports are generated on existing ProfitMaker order history data.
The reports will be built in MS Excel and are optimized to use Excel 2007 with SP1 (Service Pack 1) installed. Prior versions of Excel will not support all of the advanced macro processes and data query processing.
Additionally, Advantage Database Server or Advantage Local Server is required, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding these products.
When you select to run a Business Intelligence Report, an Excel file will be created automatically in the local user's "Documents" folder. Macro’s in the MS Excel reports will query the Advantage Server ProfitMaker databases based on the user date and chart selections. The result of the queries will be output to Microsoft Excel worksheets. The results may then be saved using standard Windows, Email or other capabilities.
- Customer Orders - Provides analysis of customers’ performance for a chosen time period. The Customer Orders report shows for each customer in a specific period of time:
- Booked sales
- Billed sales
- Booked cost of sales
- Billed cost of sales
- Number of orders
- Average order size
- Average order margin
- Percent of total business
- Customer Performance - Provides key metrics analysis of order processing performance based on milestone events. Milestone events analyzed include processing days between order, shipped, in-hand and invoice dates for a chosen time period.
- New Customer Orders - Provides analysis of new customers’ performance for a chosen time period. Report shows customer source, booked/billed sales, booked/billed cost of sales, number of orders, avg order size, avg order margin, % of total business, etc.
- Orders - Provides an analysis of the number of orders or sales volume of orders for a chosen time period.
- Salesperson Management - Provides an analysis of each salesperson’s performance. Separate tables allow analysis of order count, order volume and margin for the chosen comparative time period.
- Salesperson Orders - Provides a comparative analysis of the number of orders, order volume, order margin and order commission by salesperson for a chosen time period.
- Vendors Orders - Provides analysis of vendors’ performance for a chosen time period. Report shows number of orders using this vendor, total amount of orders for this vendor, total cost, average order size, average order margin, total net income, average order time, etc.
- Vendors Performance - Provides an analysis of the time each vendor's orders take to process for a chosen time period.
More details about Business Intelligence Reports can be found in the ProfitMaker Help System by pressing the F1 key while in ProfitMaker or you can find documenation online here and video training on the reports here.